Thursday, August 30, 2012

setting sun of summer

joseph turkish puppy 002


The summer sun is setting. It sinks further everyday and I feel little sadness. This summer has been full and the quiet evenings and cool mornings are a welcome friend. Not autumn yet, but not summer either, we are in this perfect secret time where tomatoes are bountiful and puppies run and hop in the wet, warm grass. A moment of rest and a holiday on my horizon. Bye bye summer, see you next time.











summer pasta dinner 003








summer pasta dinner 002

Tomatoes from my garden.





summer pasta dinner 001

Thick and chewy fettuccine, tomatoes, basil, garlic, bocconcini, prosciutto, pepper, butter.









joseph turkish puppy 001

3 comments:

Kate Mcguire said...

I love this time of year. The light is long and golden and the days are cool enough to feel nostalgic for those high days of summer. That meal looks perfect! I might make something similar tonight! Thanks for your beautiful photographs and simple inspiration!

My Love Wedding Ring said...

It is always so sad to see summer go, but the light is very beautiful at this time of year!

Mary Hudson said...

Definitely! I love the low-hanging light and the golden glow. Tonight too feels very special with a bright glowing 'blue' moon.
The summer pasta meal was great too — but I can't wait for more slow cooked things very soon!