Friday, August 17, 2012

my morning foraging

morning foraging 001

Today will be one of the hottest of the year for Vancouver. Turkish and I rolled out of bed around 7:30 to go and water the garden and do our morning foraging before the rest of the house wakes up. I like watching him trot along behind me up and down the path to fill the bucket and watching curiously as I check the strawberries and tomatoes for ripeness. Doggy head-tilts — there's nothing cuter in the morning.





morning foraging 002
A few blackberries from along a neighbours fence that were spilling out into the alley, to add to my morning smoothie.




morning foraging 003
Some teeny arugula shoots from a recent planting to add to tonight's salad.




morning foraging 004
Still getting one of these every day or so.








morning foraging 005
A mid season trim of the oregano to take inside for drying.






shar pei cross 12 weeks 001
Turkish waiting patiently to go inside and have his breakfast (and then jump on the bed and wake Joseph up with kisses).




shar pei cross 12 weeks 002



His paws from 3 weeks ago.




shar pei cross 12 weeks 003


No comments: