Wednesday, January 18, 2012

nice day for a green dinner


january vancouver snow

I know all of Canada seems to be in a deep freeze right now and I just wanted you to know that Vancouver wasn't left out. I mean it's only cold for Vancouver standards, and it's only a Vancouver amount of snow, but still the city is feeling the chill.


january vancouver snow 2
 Look! The snow wasn't even melting from my balcony. Amazing!




thai green curry

I decided it was a nice day for some spicy green curry. I made the green curry paste from scratch with lime leaves, lemongrass, cilantro, Thai basil, serrano peppers, lime juice, garlic, and shallots. Yum! The curry itself had chick peas, string beans, spinach, and red peppers, served with brown rice, and I topped the whole thing with pistachios, just for a little extra green on top.

I hope you are all keeping warm, wherever you are! (Especially if you are a certain fearless lady alone in a cabin in the woods!!)

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

I have been all over Thai flavours this month. Those fresh greens, reds & yellows are the very best for pushing away white winter blues.

Keep posting these food posts, I love seeing what you're making.
xo

Pinecone Camp said...

Your curry sounds like it would be delicious! Love your snowy shot at top. I was hoping it would snow more this morning....nope. Just rain now.
Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

Mdmslle. said...

This makes me even more hungry! I love green veggies!

RealExams said...

your got a nice blog post.Thanks Again. Really Cool.