Tuesday, January 10, 2012

december star chart embroidery


december star embroidery 001

This was part of the gift package my sister received for Christmas this year. Using the custom dyed fabric I mapped out a fairly accurate star chart for the month of December (minus a few stars of course). You can see the North star as the great big one, and Ursa Minor attached to it, a.k.a. her clothing label. (p.s. be sure to check out her brand new website!!)

I've seen this idea floating around from a few clever people and I thought it was a challenge I would like to make by myself (small star stitches? I can handle that). I liked the final result so much, I think I'll make a few for my own walls.




december star embroidery 002



december star embroidery 003










december star embroidery 004



december star embroidery 005

5 comments:

Rosalind said...

rad

elizabeth said...

So pretty, I love it, thank-you. xo

HELENA BESLIC said...

This is beautiful Mary! You are so talented!!!

vulnerablepulp.com said...

How creative! I just finished my first embroidery. It's wonderful to see what you can do with it!

Lotte Janssens said...

very pretty !