Thursday, September 01, 2011

pear gin and tonic


pear gin and tonic cocktail 001


This post goes out to my sister and her love of pears, which by the way are just starting to pop up at my local grocery store. Before heading out to the fair the other night (because who goes to the fair without a pre-fair cocktail?) I made us a couple gin and tonics with a slice of cucumber and a few wedges of fresh pear. Very refreshing! The tonic water by Fentimans (which I think is rather new to the Vancouver market) is very tasty and full of bitter flavour, plus look at those adorable little bottles! The florist in me can't part with the empties until I have used them for some silly craft or flower arrangement. (Suggestions always welcome!)



pear gin and tonic cocktail 002









pear gin and tonic cocktail 003














pear gin and tonic cocktail 004

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

Mmmmmm. You should try blending up some pear (or anything - I like watermelon) with some sugar and straining it and throwing a couple splashes of the juice into your next G+T. Yum.

Pinecone Camp said...

This looks so good! I've never thought of adding pear...will do this weekend ;)