Wednesday, September 28, 2011

my first real photos in a long, long time


holga prints 001
I picked up what you could call my first real photos in a long, long time the other day. These are in fact the first film prints I have had developed since high school. This is my trial run roll from my holga camera which Joseph gave to me last year. The expense of getting these developed really does force me to pick and choose my shots very carefully, but after seeing how much fun the finished product is I want to bring this baby with me everywhere.



holga prints 002
I'm still figuring out how to use the holga properly, deciding where I want to block out the light and where I want to leave it and other minor exposure details, but the best thing about this camera is I don't have to know what I'm doing! The more imperfections, the better.




holga prints 003






holga prints 004





And yes, I would have to agree that taking photos of photos is a silly thing to do, but so what?

holga prints 005

No comments: