Monday, August 29, 2011

chocolate and blackberry pavlova (for breakfast!)


chocolate blackberry pavlova 001


Hello! I hope you are all enjoying the last days of August. I had my brother for a brief visit last week and spent the whole time walking, walking walking. It's so nice having new visitors to the city because I can re-visit all the parts of town that I don't make it out to very often. 

After visiting the farmer's market on Wednesday evening, I stocked up on one of my favorites: plump, local blackberries. I've been dreaming of making a dark and delicious blackberry double chocolate pavlova after seeing this raspberry version on What Katie Ate. Click here for her recipe, which turned out perfectly.

chocolate blackberry pavlova 002








chocolate blackberry pavlova 003

This dessert is quite literally like biting into heaven and I'm not at all ashamed to admit that I dug into it for breakfast. (Better for breakfast than right before bedtime, right?) Pavlova is pretty much my new favorite dessert; I plan on making it at every possible occasion in every possible variation. Have you ever made it? What's your favorite pavlova pairing?

chocolate blackberry pavlova 004

chocolate blackberry pavlova 005

chocolate blackberry pavlova 006

3 comments:

Rosalind said...

soooooooooo PRETTY!!!

Jacqueline said...

SHUT UP!!!!

Pinecone Camp said...

Looks so good and quite perfect for breakfast! I do like pavlova ;)