Monday, July 04, 2011

two orchids blooming side by side



green blooming phalaenopsis orchid 002

This is a pretty green orchid I bought for myself last year from the shop I worked at. She's decided it is time to bloom again and is just as pretty as I remembered. The white orchid in the background has been in bloom since the beginning of April (after having over two years of rest) and both orchids have other stems with buds getting ready to open as well. Plus a third orchid with sunset coloured blooms is only a week or two away from blooming again.

I take good care of my orchids in the sense that I never let them get too wet or two dry (or cold, or drafty) but I really don't have to give them any extra thought. I just sit back and admire their beauty. Patience is key.



green blooming phalaenopsis orchid 003

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Orchids are such bizarre plants, I'm always intrigued by them. It's lovely you treat them so well that they bloom again. I have never tried to keep one, maybe I should give it a go.

Mary Hudson said...

You should! It really is rewarding when they re-bloom. I feel a great sense of accomplishment and I hardly did anything at all.

HELENA BESLIC said...

Oh so lovely! I should send you the photo of one of mine that just did the same. SUPER REWARDING!!!