Friday, June 10, 2011

a welcome home lunch: arugula soup & mint salad


arugula soup spring salad 001


Joseph arrived home from Europe around lunch time the other day and since food is always on my mind, I figured I better be ready for a hungry belly.

I used up more of my arugula and made an arugula, potato, and leek soup; a cucumber, strawberry, almond and mint salad, with a drizzle of honey; and some tomato and brie toasts.



arugula soup spring salad 002

I think I must have finished eating three times faster than him (for once) because he was too busy filling me in on all his traveling stories. Technically it's not strawberry season here quite yet, but these strawberries were so good regardless of being from California. I can't wait for our strawberry season to arrive!




arugula soup spring salad 003

3 comments:

Pinecone Camp said...

That soup looks so good! I'm hoping strawberries arrive soon too....the season is so late this year.

vulnerablepulp.com said...

This looks absolutely delicious!

Mary Hudson said...

Thank you both! (and at least it finally feels like summer is coming!)