Monday, June 06, 2011

smashed potato arugula salad with italian sausage


arugula smashed potato salad herbs 001


Joseph's aunt was thinning out her baby arugula leaves a couple days ago and I volunteered to take the little shoots off her hands. Next thing I know I'm traveling home with a canvas bag full of arugula and mint. (Better than going to the farmer's market!)

So what does one person do with this much arugula? Well to start I made herb and garlic smashed potatoes and edamame with a lemon, mustard dressing and Italian sausage on a great big bed of the peppery greens. Delicious. Perhaps I'll make some soup next? 






arugula smashed potato salad herbs 002









arugula smashed potato salad herbs 003















arugula smashed potato salad herbs 004



arugula smashed potato salad herbs 005

1 comment:

Rosalind said...

inspired.