Monday, June 20, 2011

farmers market radishes with tomato and arugula pasta


farmers market radishes 001


Hello! Is it just me or do the days seem to pass by so much quicker in the summer, despite being longer? There is never enough time to get everything done, but that being said, there is always time to make delicious food. Last week we picked up some radishes (grown on a farm right in the city of Vancouver), arugula and some (pre-season) tomatoes at the Main street farmers market.




farmers market radishes 002

farmers market radishes opinel knife

(my fancy new knife was a gift from Joseph's trip to Europe)




tomato arugula pasta 001

I made us whole grain pasta with a light parmesean sauce on a bed of arugula, topped with roasted tomatoes and pine nuts. (Very similar idea to the potato dinner from the other day).



tomato arugula pasta 002

tomato arugula pasta 003




The radishes were so tasty in a salad with avocado, strawberry, and cashews. Once summer hits it will be all salad, all the time (who has time or desire for anything else when it's hot 24/7?) so I better stock up on my pasta carbs while I can! (right?)

tomato arugula pasta 004 radish salad

No comments: