Wednesday, June 15, 2011

calm the fire


downtown vancouver on fire canucks 002

Fires blazing in downtown Vancouver after losing the Stanley Cup hockey game. Setting raging fires (out of sports related rage) is not a good thing to do.


downtown vancouver on fire canucks 001


Two more photos before the sun went down:

downtown vancouver on fire canucks 003

The fires only increased for another hour after this. I have lots of words, but I'll keep them to myself for now.

downtown vancouver on fire canucks 004

3 comments:

Chickadee said...

Is this for real? Wow I can't even believe that. If people are upset they should just go cry in a corner and eat some fair trade chocolate, no?

elizabeth said...

But they would've done the same if they won too - It's a Canadian tradition.

elizabeth said...

Wait...I've been mulling over this all day...it's a DRUNK tradition-Canadian has little to do with it. Hockey has little to do with it. Just a bad scene peopled by lesser sorts.

My final thought.