Monday, April 04, 2011

hampton court palace


hampton court england 001


It's been a year now since my sister and I were in Europe. I've been sadly reminiscing and flicking through photos on the computer and I remembered that there are still so many pictures from England that I never shared. To be honest by the time I reached England photos after having already gone through the photos from all my other stops, I had no interest in editing or posting them. Poor England — it didn't help that none of my photos from England turned out, I must have had my camera on a weird setting the entire time I was there...

Well regardless, I had a really nice day out with my aunt at Hampton Court Palace, I was really taken aback my the manicured beauty of it all. (And the actors dressed up as Henry VIII were kind of fun too)



hampton court england 002




hampton court england 003

hampton court england 004




hampton court england 005

hampton court england 006





hampton court england 007

hampton court england 008





hampton court england 009

hampton court england 010





hampton court england 011

6 comments:

Same Length Pinkies said...

the lawn and shrubs look so lush, as if it had just stopped raining.

elizabeth said...

I was there when I was 16. I remember really being into the kitchens with their person-sized fire places and great open work spaces.

Ugh. Want. To. Travel.

Mary Hudson said...

Even though I don't remember for sure, I can pretty much guarantee that it had been raining. A lot. But I remember it was warm enough for me to want ice cream waiting for the train back to London.
The old Tudor areas were really fun - also the wine cellar with rows of barrels was pretty great.

www.thegildedlilly.blogspot.com said...

what is that pinky daffodilesque mutant gorgeousness?

Mary Hudson said...

Beyond being a narcissus, I do not know.
So let's make up a story: It was painstakingly bred and planted by Henry the VIII himself, who also we can only assume was enormously narcissistic, therefore this flower in all its majestic beauty was forever (other than himself) Henry's one true love, solidifying the tragic end to his career as a professional husband. The flower was consequently named Henry, not as an homage to his father, but rather to himself.

rosalind said...

duh.