Wednesday, March 16, 2011

bamboo and singing birds

singing birds in bamboo from Mary Hudson on Vimeo.


Nearby to where I live there is a house that has a front lawn entirely composed of bamboo. Little shoots closest to the sidewalk and ones that are three stories tall near the back. Some days when I walk by the birds are up in the bamboo, singing away, but it's not just one or two, it's dozens and you can hear them all from a block away. I don't know what gets them going or why they are only there at certain times on certain days, but it's always such a treat to hear. The bamboo is so beautiful too. Sometimes the owner of the house leaves tall bamboo stakes out for the neighborhood to help themselves. I took home a few many months ago but haven't quite figured out what to do with them yet.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

That was gorgeous.

Coincidentally, we are looking for large bamboo stakes for our garden. They are always tough to find! :)

Mary Hudson said...

My exact thought when I saw them was " I bet I might really need those for something" I carried them home and then struggled to fit them in the elevator. They are still sitting leaning against the wall of my balcony.

elizabethfrances said...

I need to come for a visit. It's snowing here today. SIGH.