Wednesday, March 09, 2011

anemones, hyacinth, and parrot tulips. perfection.


tulip hyacinth anemone flowers 001


Joseph's parents flew in for his birthday over the weekend to celebrate with us. Joseph's mom was 25 when she had Joseph, so she considers it a momentous year and wanted to give it the attention it deserved. It was really nice to see them and catch up (and eat some delicious meals). 
I have been meaning to buy flowers for weeks (months?) so it was the perfect occasion. The hyacinth is still making the apartment smell amazing upon entry and I now have the flask that was beside the guest bed beside our bed, which is so nice to wake up to.

It's funny for me to remember that this blog started as a way for me to document my flower arranging. Nowadays I almost never touch flowers, let alone arrange or take pictures of them. I do miss parts of it though and it's nice to do it at home sometimes, even if I have to spend my own money to do it. I miss there being flowers on the blog here and I am bothered with the muddled focus on here sometimes, but I'll touch on this another day soon. Today let's just enjoy the flowers.





tulip hyacinth anemone flowers 002














tulip hyacinth anemone flowers 003











tulip hyacinth anemone flowers 004










tulip hyacinth anemone flowers 005






tulip hyacinth anemone flowers 006










tulip hyacinth anemone flowers 007








tulip hyacinth anemone flowers 008

11 comments:

elizabeth said...

You don't come off as having a muddled focus at all - you're showing a curated sliver of your life and it's beautiful and I think I can safely say that people enjoy sharing it with you very much. We just want more, more, MORE!

Jaderbomb said...

WOW! These babies are SOOO pretty!!!!

JaneƩ Auger said...

Gorgeous, perfect colour combination...just so lovely

elizabethfrances said...

I second that, elizabeth. Lovely flowers, lovely blog. love you!

charlotte falk said...

Agreed! I look forward to seeing what you're going to post about everyday! No muddled focus whatsoever - not to mention that whatever you write about, it's always paired with beautiful photos.

Pinecone Camp said...

I love a mix of topics! Your flower arranging skills are fantastic. This is one beautiful bunch and the pics are pretty too!

HELENA BESLIC said...

You fabulous woman!!! Those are gorgeous u do such an azong job with everything u touch. See u next week!!!

Mary Hudson said...

Wow everyone, thanks so much for this unexpected pick-me-up! Holy smokes, you've all blown wind into my sails. Thank you.


(Helena?!)

*e* said...

the close up of the parrot tulip made my brain explode in a little burst of joy. so gorgeous! and i too adore your blog mary, i try to catch up with it every week. i admit i am envious too, where do you find the time to keep it up so? i miss flowers myself these days. lots. i am leaving my job in the fall, let's start a shop...

Mary Hudson said...

Okay E, deal. Verbal contract. (or would this be a written contract?) Blood contract.

lotte janssens said...

those colors are amazing