Tuesday, February 22, 2011

vancouver's wall street


wall st vancouver walk 001



Vancouver has a Wall street just like NYC -- well maybe not just like New York. It runs at a slightly slower pace I suppose. Joseph and I went for a walk down Wall street last week to enjoy some coffee and sunshine. Running along the railroad tracks and the waterfront of the Eastside, Wall St. is secluded and quiet with gorgeous views of the Burrard Inlet and the mountains. It kind of reminds me of walking through little lake-front towns; half of the houses are little rundown shacks, half are out of place modern mansions. The roads and sidewalks are unfinished and no one seems to worry much about traffic driving by because everything tends to move a little more slowly.








wall st vancouver walk 002


Then there is the industrial train tracks and the charm that comes with dirty, neglected ramps and passages. Two very different feelings in the neighbourhood, but it all works together somehow.









wall st vancouver walk 003













wall st vancouver walk 004



wall st vancouver walk 005












wall st vancouver walk 006




wall st vancouver walk 007








wall st vancouver walk 008




wall st vancouver walk 009











wall st vancouver walk 010










wall st vancouver walk 011






wall st vancouver walk 012








wall st vancouver walk 013








wall st vancouver walk 014

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Vancouver looks so beautiful right now. Montreal is still so cold and snowy and my fantasies of balcony gardens are still a long way off. I think you should come out in the spring and help me plant.

xo

Mary Hudson said...

I wish I could come and help you plant your balcony garden! Vancouver is so beautiful right now! I can't even stand it... and all the pretty plants and flowers I want to buy! oh my!

HELENA BESLIC said...

This is beautiful and makes me think of the day the four of us spent together before i left!
Miss u both!