Thursday, February 10, 2011

cyclamen botanical illustration


cyclamen botanical illustration 001


And to continue with the love of raspberry pink -- or shall I say cyclamen pink -- here is a little case study of a prized cyclamen. It really is a challenge to capture all the details, but I have enjoyed sketching it and looking deeper and deeper into the curves and crevices with each line of my pencil.



cyclamen botanical illustration 002

cyclamen botanical illustration 003






cyclamen botanical illustration 004










cyclamen botanical illustration 005

cyclamen botanical illustration 006












cyclamen botanical illustration 007





cyclamen botanical illustration 008








cyclamen botanical illustration 009

cyclamen botanical illustration 010










cyclamen botanical illustration 011

4 comments:

Rosalind said...

fine. so you're talented. big deal.

HELENA BESLIC said...

Wow! Mary those are beautiful photo's but what is even more impressive is your talent when it comes to drawing!!! lovely, keep it up!

Mary Hudson said...

Thank you both! (Roz I know you love me)

elizabethfrances said...

so..when you're famous? ...can I have a MH original for my wall? I'll put it in a gold frame... ;)