Tuesday, January 25, 2011

chocolate & coconut ice cream sandwiches (because it's not freezing here)

chocolate coconut ice cream sandwiches 001

After Christmas I had a lot of left-over chocolate cookies that I couldn't decide what to do with. Normally I frost these with a peppermint icing, but after having already eaten so many like that over the holidays I wanted to do something different with these ones. I decided to make little round mini ice cream sandwiches. A friend of mine would often make little cookie ice cream treats and I thought the chocolate would just be so irresistible. Almost any ice cream flavour would have been tasty, I chose the roasted coconut made by Udder Guy's -- their ice creams are so delicious and are made locally, in the Cowichan Valley.





chocolate coconut ice cream sandwiches 002










chocolate coconut ice cream sandwiches 003




The only problem with these is you really do have to bite right into them, so it doesn't work well for those with sensitive teeth, such as my beau. Oh well, more for me.

chocolate coconut ice cream sandwiches 004





chocolate coconut ice cream sandwiches 005

3 comments:

elizabethfrances said...

It's not cold here either.... (today)

elizabeth said...

it's freezing here, i hate it.

HELENA BESLIC said...

Oh those need to be in a magazine somewhere!!! How delicious!