Wednesday, December 01, 2010

cereal bars



cereal bars 001



cereal bars 002







ruby cereal bars

I made my friend's recipe for peanut butter corn flakes bars yesterday -- okay fine so they are more like rice krispies squares than cereal bars, but hey who's counting? The original recipe she posted called for 6 cups corn flakes and instead I used:
2 cups corn flakes,
2 cups rice krispies and
2 cups of left over granola

I also added
a half a cup of ribbon coconut
a small handful each of flax seeds, sunflower seeds, and pepitas
and maybe half a cup of chopped walnuts
oh and a bit of vanilla extract into the marshmallow mixture.

They are super delicious and perfect for breakfast -- if you like a bit of sugar in your breakfast. Luckily I bought way more ingredients than what I needed so I'll be able to make them again soon.



cereal bars 003


cereal bars 004

4 comments:

We Love said...

Delicious! Thanks for posting. This looks like such a great snack, going to make these for sure.

Mary Hudson said...

They are my new favorite breakfast. I'm eating one right now!

Fleurish said...

YEY!!! They are great.. too bad they disappear sooooo quickly.Ruby looks beautiful in that photo!

Lotte said...

they look very tasty