Monday, October 25, 2010

spicy tortilla soup (for chilly autumn days)

tortilla soup 001
I have been wanting to make tortilla soup for months! Finally all the stars aligned (i.e. I had leftover chicken and the weather was cold and I had some time on my hands) and I was able to try out the recipe in the Rebar cookbook. I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but it's a good base that you can then adjust with your own garnish desires and personal tastes.





tortilla soup 002
Anything I can eat with avocado is my favorite thing to eat. I also garnished with fresh lime wedges, cilantro, and sliced green onions. Due to the spicy nature, the bread and avocado were a must -- a tall glass of milk didn't hurt either.




tortilla soup 003

tortilla soup 004

4 comments:

Fleurish said...

OMG!!!mmm

Jacqueline said...

I am totally making this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*e* said...

MARRY ME

Mary Hudson said...

it was a seriously good soup.