Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Exploring Montréal

Montreal 001

Since moving to Vancouver I have been missing the big family get-togethers for Thanksgiving, which is always a rather big deal on my Mother's side. This year however my father flew me out to see the big celebration put on by his extended family down by Kingston, Ontario. I took the opportunity to visit my sister, Elizabeth and see Montréal (her new home) for the first time. As usual, we did a lot of walking, window shopping, and food eating.

Montreal 002
Montreal 003

Montréal is a stunningly beautiful, diverse, and interesting city and it is easy to forget that you are still in Canada. I definitely fell in love -- alas I seriously need to work on my Français.

Montreal 004
Montreal 005
Montreal 006
Montreal 007
Montreal 008
Montreal 009
Montreal 010
Montreal 011
Montreal 012
Montreal 013
Montreal 014
Montreal 015
Montreal 016
Montreal 017
Montreal 018
Montreal 019

2 comments:

lotte janssens said...

love all the autumn colors in your pictures

Mary said...

Thank you! It's so beautiful in the fall in Eastern Canada -- it's the most colourful natural palette this time of year.