Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cinema in the Park

nes park 001

I love our neighborhood. Last night me and a few friends gathered with a few hundred other people to watch The Neverending Story for free in a community park a few skips from our house. It's one of my childhood favorites, so I was in heaven. My friends however were probably confused as to why I still think it's one of the greatest movies ever. Being in the eccentric neighborhood we are, it made perfect sense why they would choose such a strange and imaginative movie -- it made both the kids and the stoners very happy. I just couldn't believe how many people had clearly never seen it before -- at least now their lives are complete.

nes park 002
nes park 003

7 comments:

Jacqueline said...

This movie is actually a staple for me too!! And, good for stoners too!

elizabeth said...

So weird, who hasn't seen The Neverending Story??? Get thee to a blockbuster.

helena said...

i loved that we did that!!! it rocked!!! and yes... the demographic here on the drive is pretty awesome! i think we should do more of these kinds of things....

Mary said...

I couldn't believe it!
"What is that a dog? heh heh" come on people! It's Falkor! And don't even get me started on the scene where Artax is stuck in the swamp.

elizabeth said...

I still cry every time.

Genevieve said...

i used to play that scene out in our garden with the garden hose as a child.

Coquitlam Flowers said...

Outdoor movie is soooooo cool.
I should try it next summer!