Wednesday, February 03, 2010

chicken pizza




Don't worry Josh, I didn't really cut our pizzas with your $700 knife.

I roasted a chicken last week (thyme, rosemary, crushed garlic, shallots, salt, pepper, paprika, butter and sliced blood oranges) and we made some of the leftovers into amazing pizza. I used frozen dough from the grocery store that I put out to rise before work. Top pizza was chicken, mozzarella, pear slices, prosciutto, feta, basil leaves and tomato sauce. Bottom pizza was chicken, mozzarella, tomato slices, fresh spinach leaves, prosciutto, feta, basil leaves, and tomato sauce.
I think we may have to make pizza more often.

2 comments:

redfran said...

Is that knife really worth 700 $ ? That is hard to believe. what kind of knife is it?

mary. said...

No I think it's worth closer to $200, but it is by far his nicest knife, both to use and to look at.
It's a light-weight Japanese knife, by a company called MAC, who make extremely sharp and durable knives.